March 30th - April 3rd

MATH: 
Hello everyone! Welcome back from Spring Break. Hope you are staying safe and healthy.
I am hard at work preparing online resources for you. Please refer to D2L this week for information about what you will be working on for the next week. I will update D2L weekly with homework, videos, assignments and or google meet times to ask questions. Stay tuned and make sure you know how to access your D2L.
Have a great week.

ELA:
One day at a time...
So this is our plan: since you have 2hours a day to work on school, let's make it as easy as possible, for your parents! You still need to be working hard, perhaps the most self-directed you have ever been. Please check PowerSchool as I have been updating the poetry writing you have been handing in to me. If you do not see a mark and feedback, that means you need to share it with Mr.Lopez and me hmfeke@cbe.ab.ca & antonio.lopez@ucalgary.ca this week please.
I HAVE SENT YOU ALL AN EMAIL TO YOUR educbe.ca ACCOUNTS, PLEASE CHECK THAT OUT THIS WEEK!
I've got our D2L shell set up and by Friday April 3rd, I'll be able to share a link with you on how we will digitally meet on GoogleMeet. It is super simple but you know me and technology, something is bound to go wrong! Patience, young grasshopper.

SOCIAL:
Please check out your Social D2L shells I have an assignment in Social for you to complete on Supply and Demand. At this point, please print the workbook and fill it out and we will take it up at a later date. There are videos and a lesson plan for you to read and watch. It is very simple, and a good way to get back into the swing of things.  Email me with any questions. Ms Fedchun


STUDENT SERVICES:
Dear 9.2 students,

Wow, this is quite a change! I would love to hear from you. I want to know how you are doing. Whether it’s to give me a quick update or to have a conversation, I want you to know, I am here to support you. We can communicate by email.  This is for all students; this is a safe space where you can talk and express yourself. I will do my best to support you in any way I can. maplante@cbe.ab.ca


9 Science
1)      Assignments for Mr. Davis should be on D2L by the evening of Monday, April 6th, and every Monday thereafter. Go to D2L for this class, read the assignment and get started on it. (Note: more information about how to submit your typed, written or other work will be coming at a later date, so please don’t send me an email about this.)
2)      Please read the Google Meet guidelines that have (or will be) posted in your D2L class.
3)      Mr. Davis - Google Meet science gr.9 every Tuesday at 11:00-11:30am
This meet time is to ask further questions about the assignment, to get extra help or ask questions. The expectation is that you will have already read and started the assignment before the meet up.
4)      Understand that it will take a week or two to get everything sorted. Please regularly read the blog and check D2L. We recognize that it is new for everyone – the teachers included, so we expect it to take some time before everything is working for everyone, and things are going smoothly, so please remain calm and be patient.
5)      If the D2L assignment requires reading and you have challenges with reading, then you should be using some software such as Google Read & Write to help you. If you need assistance with this then contact one of your teachers.
I look forward to hearing/seeing you all in the near future. Take care,

Mr. Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment

INDIGENOUS PEOPLES DAY Google Meet on Mon. June 22

Hi 9.2 THERE WILL BE A SOCIAL GOOGLE MEET ON MONDAY JUNE 22 at 9:30 am for INDIGENOUS PEOPLES DAY. See you there! CODE: fedchunsocial9192